Monday, October 24, 2011

Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Avocado, Blue Cheese and Pecans

I had my last summer salad of the year, since I look towards soups and warmer, heartier lunches during the winter to keep me warm.  Now I am going to need those more than ever with the Minnesota air getting cooler and fall in full effect.  The thing I love most about this salad is its color, and it is such a cinch to make when you are busy running around for work.  But boy does it taste good!


Ingredients:
Spinach or Mixed Green Lettuce
Strawberries, sliced
Avocado, chopped
Crumbled Blue Cheese
Pecans
Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar

Directions:
1. Mix in the lettuce or spinach, strawberries, avocado, crumbled blue cheese and pecans.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Easy as pie!

No comments: