Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This State Fair is HUGE

This week is the Minnesota State Fair.  Everyone has been talking and talking about this state fair, and it seems like it is the only thing covered on the news here in the Twin Cities lately.  I had to go and see what the hype was all about.  And everyone was right.  The fair is huge, with tons of food, rides and random stuff.  We entered the fair into The Birthing Barn. Yes, I said birthing.  People stand around the watch farm animals give birth....live.  Yes, right in front of you.  We just missed the birth of a cow, but we saw well more than I ever wanted to see.  The only thing that was amazing was seeing mini piglets that were just born.  So freaking cute.

We took off and headed to grab some cheese curds, one of the things this area is known for.  Now I know why I will be gaining 15 pounds.  They are SO GOOD.  Fried cheese, is there anything better??



The grounds of the fair were covered with people.  It is one of the largest fairs in the country, and we decided to go on Sunday of opening weekend.  It reminded me of Oktoberfest in Munich, with swarms of people everywhere.


I ate a ridiculous amount of food, including corn on the cob, a funnel cake, bites of pretzel, local beers, and more food on a stick.  Oh, and we rode a ride for good fun. Thanks Katie for forcing me on at least one.  It was one fair to remember!!

No comments: